Tools: Find The Right Hashtags For Your Business
You see them everywhere without always understanding their usefulness, these are the famous #Hashtag! When you add a hashtag (#) in front of a term or term group (#Marketing or #MarketingDigital), you associate your content to this main theme.
Whether on Twitter or Instagram, this makes it possible to identify your publication and have it referenced in the search engines of these platforms. Indeed, users are fond of new content or account to follow and carry out for this research by keyword.
The challenge lies in choosing the hashtag: a strategic choice will allow you to be well positioned, more visible and therefore to win new subscribers see future customers!
What is a good hashtag?
Forget the spam hashtags of #FollowMe! A relevant hashtag is a hashtag corresponding to your activity, your universe, a trend or directly related to your publication.
Here are some examples :
- Hashtag related to your activity: these are all hashtags referring to the world of your brand, its values , and its general theme. You may also decide to create one or more branded hashtags that will be unique to your business and a way to express your vision. Ex: Coca-Cola created #CocaColaLife
- the hashtag trend: these hashtags related to the news. They can, therefore, refer to events of the chestnut type (summer holidays, back to school, Christmas, Mother’s Day, etc.) … Here an example with the Clause brand that surfs on autumn declining the #fall under several #falloutfits, #fallmood, #Fallleaves.
Or hashtags linked to national or world events such as the World Cup (# CDM2018), cultural events(#recommendaire2018), etc. Take a look on Twitter in the Top Trend section to discover the most discussed topics of the moment!
- the hashtags related to your publication: it makes sense, to be sure to use a relevant hashtag, it must match the proposed content. What are the different elements that make up your photo or text? Where did this photo take? Is it black and white or with a dominant color tint? A photo of street art taken in Lyon may include the following #: #streetart #streetartlyon #street #artderue
To find these hashtags, do not hesitate to go get inspired by going to look at those used by your competitors or your customers! The search engines of Instagram and Twitter are also very useful and will allow you to find related #.
And to go further …
Our selection of tools dedicated to hashtags!
1) All Hashtag
From a keyword, All Hashtag generates a list of hashtags to help you complete your publications.
There are several options to build this list:
- top #: The tool generates “top hashtags” based on your keyword. Hashtags can be different from the subject of the keyword, but they are popular hashtags and accumulate a large number of search results.
- random #: Random hashtags are generated based on your search keyword. The results are hashtags, which include the keyword you have chosen.
- live #: generated hashtags are other hashtags used by users who used your keyword in their messages.
You will also find on the application the main hashtags trends for each day, week, month and at any time.
Hashtagify has some features that make this platform unique. Enter your basic keyword and get between 10 to 30 # linked to it with for each its popularity rate, its utilization rate, etc. You can explore hashtags related to current trends and specific categories.
The tool also helps you to discover influencers using similar hashtags.
The tool allows you to trace all the latest publications on a keyword on one or more social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, etc.).
Once you have done your research, create a board to record your searches and pin the most interesting publications.
I chose my hashtags, and then?
It’s not a question of copying your list of 150,000 hashtags into all your publications! Group them into categories and sub-categories according to the different themes that you will have the opportunity to discuss.
On Instagram, it’s possible to use up to 30 hashtags. We advise you to add between 10 and 15 maximum to avoid doing too much. Quality matters over quantity!
Test your different categories of hashtags and watch the best performing publications. In the Analytics part of Instagram *, you have the possibility to know how many visitors have discovered your publication following your hashtags (unfortunately, the hashtag is not specified.) This will be all of your hashtags used on this publication.) * To access the statistics of your publications, you need to be moved to an Instagram Business account!